Job ID 224339 •
Amazon Corporate LLC
Kindle and Kindle Fire are the best-selling products in the history of Amazon.com and are recognized as some of the most innovative and popular consumer electronics devices. This critical role will continue to build and grow on the success of the Kindle business, in one of the fastest growing divisions of Amazon.
This position is responsible for product naming and packaging for Kindle devices and digital products such as features and accessories. We are looking for a self-driven leader that has brand strategy and naming expertise, as well as experience with packaging. The right candidate will also have a good blending of strategic thinking, strong creative and copywriting skills, analytical approach and mindset.
Specific responsibilities include:
- 1. Refinement of product marketing strategy: Working closely with product teams to determine product positioning, key features and alignment to brand strategy.
- 2. Naming creative: Driving the development of names across all Kindle devices and digital products (including features and accessories).
- 3. Packaging: Work with internal creative teams in development of packaging designs. Owning and driving the development of packaging design and copy on a global basis.
- The ideal candidate is a passionate consumer marketing leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results with a passion for brand strategy, naming, packaging and getting things done. This marketing leader will be passionate about measuring results and ROI and not driving short term results at the expense of long term gain.
This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as exceptional analytical skills, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership. He or she will not need to “own” all execution, but can if required. He or she will be known for creativity and innovation but also for rigorous testing, measurement and iteration to improve results continuously. He or she will be motivated by business impact.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong executive presence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influence management skills
- Rigorous analytical skills
- Project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities