Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Job: Place Names Officer at Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments
The post holder will contribute to a programme of place name recording by:
1. Compiling and maintaining authoritative database records to a high professional standard.
2. Processing place name data from multiple sources and managing the cleansing and enhancement and integration of this into the place names database.
3. Working with colleagues to identify external sources for enhancement of the database and coordinate its incorporation.
4. Responding to enquiries relating to the List of Historic Place Names of Wales.
5. Ensuring that digital information managed by the Commission conforms to agreed data standards.
6. Coordinating data exchange between organisations through the advisory group.
7. Identifying and providing training for new and existing staff in the use of the place names resource.
8. Contributing articles about place name work to the Commission’s websites and other electronic and paper publications.
9. Undertaking appropriate project, outreach work or other duties as requested and/or agreed by the Head of Public Services.