Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy to welcome you on the first day of 2017

Dear readers! 

This is Dr. Evgeny Shokhenmayer, happy to welcome you on the last day of 2016, here on www.e-onomastics.blogspot.com.


In the forth-coming year we are looking forward to meet each other at ICOS 2017 in Hungary!!! I am already excited about seeing my friends and just professional onomasticians))) I have been invited to give a talk in the 4th symposia "International onomastic projects and cooperations" about resources, media and networks for onomastic studies. Moreover, I've submitted my first paper on the fractal theory of proper names!!! 


2016 was an amazing year for me, and for e-Onomastics. This blog yet again broke all records receiving over 420 000 visits and getting over 1730 posts. It’s not just my loyal readers who visit my blog, but also new ones who find it through search engines like Google, etc. Our Twitter community grew up to 384 followers, with 306 likes and 6 000 tweets! I've got new onomastic contacts in Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia and Germany!!!



I truly am grateful to everyone who contributed to e-Onomastics Blog in 2016, to all the visitors who came here searching for the latest names-related updates, to all the linguists who used this website and recommended it to their colleagues, to everyone who referred their friends here to get help with onomastics, to people who sent their feedback and helped us to improve. Your support means more than I can put into words.



I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful 2017!

onomastically yours,

Evgeny

No comments:

Post a Comment