Names at the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) Conference, Jerusalem, July 6-10 2015
Program and Schedule
You can now search the Conference program in the PROGRAM tab, Detailed Program!!
The Conference app is available and you can begin to select your schedule for the week. Below are some guidelines:
If you've never used the IAJGS app before, please download the app from your respective app store, then download the Israel conference from the show list and begin using it.
If you used the app at a previous IAJGS conference, we have a few instructions for you to make it go more smoothly.
1. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app. Most users probably let the apps update automatically. If you don't, please udpate the app from the app store before downloading the 2015 event.
2. If you are manually updating the app, before you download it, be sure to use the option to "Email All Notes" to yourself, found under the gear icon next to "Dashboard". Also email to yourself any other documents you may have downloaded from within the app. The app is supposed to save your data, but we've already seen one device lose all of its old info with the latest update, so be safe.
3. We use a multi-show app, so all of the conferences are found under a single app called IAJGS. If you are viewing the Boston or SLC show, you will need to "Exit to Show List" to find Israel. SLC has been updated with a button on the main dashboard to make it easier. Otherwise, use the gear icon next to "Dashboard" to find that function.
Once you've got the Israel app, feel free to add Events to your Schedule, peruse the Attendee list, and add your Profile (under the gear icon, if you can't find it elsewhere) to connect with other attendees. We expect to be adding more information over the next month.
As always, the Schedule is subject to change, and we will continue to update it in the app, but in general, most events will stay as they are now.
In addition to smartphones and tablets, the app can be used on any computer from <http://app.core-apps.com/
Please note that some of the functions of the app have a delay. You might especially notice if you set up a Profile and then you do not appear in the Attendees list immediately. Please know that this function does work, but it could take 15 minutes, hopefully not more than that. You may need to hit the sync button.
The PRELIMINARY Conference Program and Schedule is here NOW. You can scroll down this page to see the current daily scheduled programs. Program topics are listed in English, French and Hebrew, some will have simultaneous translation and others will be in the native language (perhaps with their slides in a second language). We are still working on the films and additional Workshops. It is possible that programs will change from their current day. We apologize in advance if there are mistakes. We do not have the sign-up yet for the Workshops.
The following is a basic timeline:
It is possible to sign up for a "Breakfast with the Experts" (on the Registration Form). These will be held in the hotel dining rooms Tuesday through Friday from 7 - 8 am. Advance Registration is required (deadline July 1).
The lectures begin each morning at 8:15 and change each hour until we break for lunch at noon.
SIG lunches will be from 12:30 to 14:00. Registration can now be done on the Registration Form.
Lectures resume at 14:00, change each hour and will run until 18:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The program on Friday will begin at 8:15 and conclude at noon.
Special evening programs: Monday - Opening Keynote lecture followed by reception (20:00); Tuesday - "A Taste of Jerusalem" (19:30); Wednesday - minimal programming (19:30); Thursday - Gala Banquet (20:00)
TUESDAY EVENING - "A TASTE OF JERUSALEM"
We are almost ready for you to register for your choice of activity on Tuesday evening. Please consider the following options:
1. An ethnic experience at the Darna restaurant
2. The Sound and Light show at the Jaffa Gate of the Old City
3. A guided visit at the Begin Museum
4. A guided walking tour of the Emek Refaim area of Jerusalem
5. A guided walking tour of the "Government area" of Jerusalem