Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy to welcome you on the last day of 2015 and on the first day of 2016

Dear readers! This is Dr. Evgeny Shokhenmayer, happy to welcome you on the last day of 2015, here on 
www.e-onomastics.blogspot.com.

I would be very surprised if many people visited my blog on New Year’s Eve. Surely you have friends and family to celebrate everything you achieved in 2015 and to share your hopes for 2016.



I don’t want to keep you from the table full of delicious food and from watching the fireworks, so instead of my usual long speech I’ll just say this…

2015 was an amazing year for me, and for e-Onomastics. This blog yet again broke all records receiving over 250 000 visits and getting over 1370 posts. Our Twitter community grew up to 345 followers, with 265 likes and 4 025 tweets!

I truly am grateful to everyone who contributed to e-Onomastics Blog in 2015, to all the visitors who came here searching for the latest names-related updates, to all the linguists who used this website and recommended it to their colleagues, to everyone who referred their friends here to get help with onomastics, to people who sent their feedback and helped us to improve. Your support means more than I can put into words.



I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful 2016!




onomastically yours,

Evgeny




No comments:

Post a Comment