Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy to welcome you on the first day of 2018

Dear readers! 
This is Dr. Evgeny Shokhenmayer, happy to welcome you on the last day of 2017, here on 
www.e-onomastics.blogspot.com.


I would be very surprised if many people visited my blog on New Year’s Eve. Surely you have friends and family to celebrate everything you achieved in 2017 and to share your hopes for 2018. I don’t want to keep you from the table full of delicious food and from watching the fireworks, so instead of my usual long speech I’ll just say this…

2017 was an amazing year for me, and for e-Onomastics. This blog yet again broke all records receiving over 608 000 visits and getting over 2200 posts. It’s not just my loyal readers who visit my blog, but also new ones who find it through search engines like Google, etc. Our Twitterru community grew up to 422 followers, with 1 587 likes and 9 320 tweets! I've got new onomastic contacts in Hungary, Russia, Japan, Brazil and Germany!!!

For me personally the biggest achievement of 2017 was taking part at the ICOS 2017 in Debrecen (Hungary) where I presented my first paper on the fractal theory of proper names and my report concerning the onomastic social media. Besides that, I am honored to have been nominated for the position of Assistant Secretary and Web Officer at ICOS!!! Feel free to provide me info to be shared within our onomastic network!!! Thank you in advance!

I have also participated in the conference in Leipzig dedicated to occupational surnames where I campared the top 500 most frequent family names in Germany, France and Russia.  

I truly am grateful to everyone who contributed to e-Onomastics Blog in 2017, to all the visitors who came here searching for the latest names-related updates, to all the linguists who used this website and recommended it to their colleagues, to everyone who referred their friends here to get help with onomastics, to people who sent their feedback and helped us to improve. Your support means more than I can put into words.


I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful 2018!

onomastically yours,


Evgeny

No comments:

Post a Comment